Institute of Physics excursions and events
The Dvořák Lecture is given by prominent internationally renowned scientists in the field related to the research pursued at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Science. The Lecture is annual event held by Institute of Physics to commemorate the work and personality of Vladimír Dvořák.
Vladimír Dvořák (1934–2007) was a solid state physicist and the most prominent Czech scientist in the theory of ferroelectricity and structural phase transitions. He was affiliated with Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences in Prague for the whole productive life. He served as its director in 1993–2001 and was the main protagonist of the revolutionary reforms in the Institute after 1989. He was a member of the Learned Society of the Czech Republic since 1995. His personality has strongly influenced the scientific program and development in the Department of Dielectrics of the Institute since the late sixties up to the present. He was a brilliant lecturer and is considered as one of the most respected directors of the Institute. To commemorate his work and personality, Institute Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences decided to organize an annual festive Dvořák lecture, given by prominent internationally renowned scientists in the field related to the research pursued at the Institute.
- Yoshihiro Ishibashi (Nagoya University, Japan), 2009
Thermodynamic Approach to Nano-Inhomogeneous Ferroelectrics
- Anton Zeilinger (University of Vienna, Austria), 2010
Quantum Information and the Foundations of Quantum Mechanics
- Dieter Vollhardt (University of Augsburg, Germany), 2011
Superfluid Helium-3: From very low Temperatures to the Big Bang
- Allan H. MacDonald (University of Texas at Austin, USA), 2012
Graphene Ten Years later
- Peter Jenni (University of Freiburg, Germany; CERN, Switzerland), 2013
The long journey to the Higgs boson and beyond at the LHC
- Orazio Svelto (Politecnico di Milano, Italy), 2014
The LASER: a Historical Perspective
- Janos Hajdu (Uppsala Uni., Sweden; European XFEL GmbH, Germany), 2015
X-ray lasers and the challenges facing structural sciences
- Marco Cavaglià (University of Mississippi, USA), 2016
- Paul Lecoq (CERN, Switzerland), 2017
Advanced scintillators for fast timing applications
- Shaoyi Jiang (Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, USA), 2018
Molecular Understanding, Design and Development of Ultra-Low Fouling Zwitterionic Materials
- Ramamoorthy Ramesh (Department of Physics and Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, USA), 2019
Electric Field Control of Magnetism: From Global Markets to Spin Orbit Coupling
- Jorge J. Rocca (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Department of Physics at Colorado State University, USA), 2022
High power lasers: from intense x-ray beams to relativistic nanophotonic
- Marko Topič (Laboratory of Photovoltaics and Optoelectronics, Department of Electronics at the University of Ljubljana, Slovenia), 2023
Photovoltaics at Terawatt Scale – Science, Engineering and Technology in Energy Transition
FZU Institutional Colloquium
Key seminars of FZU with broad impact and interesting speakers.
Učitelé a vědci
Přijďte na neformální diskuzní setkání s vědci z Akademie věd ČR. Dozvíte se více o aktuálních fyzikálních problémech i jak přiblížit odborná témata studentům.
Kurzy jsou určené především pro učitele fyziky na základních a středních škol a jsou zcela zdarma. Pro účast je nutné se závazně registrovat. V případě dotazů, připomínek či požadavků se neváhejte obrátit Lucii Horáčkovou na e-mailu horackova@fzu.